Short-Term Medical Training / Observership at SGRH
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a 650 bed multi-specialty hospital with all disciplines working at highest levels. The management of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India welcomes doctors from all over the world for short-term medical training, observership or any other mode of improving medical education or the skills of an individual. We welcome this two-way interaction from other hospitals as well.
Paediatric Rheumatology Training at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Background: The division of Paediatric Rheumatology at the Institute of Child Health is the first centre in the country to offer a certification course in Paediatric Rheumatology. This is under the aegis of the Paediatric Rheumatology Society, under the umbrella of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics. This was started in 2008 and we currently have the fourth fellow in place.
Eligibility: Only candidates with a post graduate qualification in Pediatrics (M.D or DNB) are eligible to apply. Experience as a senior resident in pediatrics and some exposure to pediatric rheumatology such as completion of the EULAR online course are desirable pre- requisites.
Number of candidates per session: Up to 2 candidates per session.
Duration of the course: Currently 18 months, extendable to 24 months with a clinical project that is optional.
Exit examination: A formal exit exam at the end of the course, with both a written and practical examination is mandatory.
Selection process: Via a competitive interview process. Information dissemination via emails to IAP members. Usual date of commencement is in April each year; application submission deadline 15th February.
Contact person: Course Director: Dr Sujata Sawhney ( email@example.com)
7th Certificate Course for Nurses "Ways –Means and Practices & what is New" in Hospital Infection Contril is going to be held from 21st April to 23rd April 2015 from 9am to 5pm at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
Contact Nos.: 9650331444, 8586088590, 42251281, 42251136
Usha Pandey (Chief Nursing Officer)
Anaesthesiology, Pain And Perioperative Medicine
CERTIFICATE COURSE IN PAIN MANAGEMENT
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Academy of Pain Management
(In Collaboration with VYGON)
Keeping in pace with rapidly developing field of pain relief, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Academy of Pain Management in association with Vygon is conducting two weeks, full time certificate course in ‘pain management’.
The program stresses on the practical aspect of ‘Acute Pain Services’ and interventional pain management.
This well structured course covers the basic sciences, clinical painful conditions, Acute Pain Services, practice of Nerve Blocks of the upper and lower limbs through peripheral nerve stimulator and also under the guidance of ultrasound, diagnostic procedures, and allied specialties associated with pain relief medicine.
Didactic lectures will be conducted by the pain relief specialists as well as experts from allied specialties like rheumatology, neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry and physical medicine. The course also includes ‘hands on practice’ on specially designed mannequins, live and animated (on specially designed software) demonstration of acute and chronic nerve blocks.
NUMBER OF CANDIDATES
Four trainees will be selected per batch so as to allow more interaction and opportunity to learn from the available resources.
The working schedule will be from 0800 am to 0500 pm which will include
- Daily lectures
- APS rounds for the admitted patients
- Live demonstration of blocks
- ‘Hands on’ practice session
- Discussion with Faculty
Well equipped Library with clinical material for ‘pain medicine’ and a digital library, for online resources is available round the clock for the participants during the working hours.
On conclusion of the course, a certificate will be provided to each candidate.
- Course fee of Rs. 30,000/- with accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Course fee of Rs. 25,000 without accommodation
This will also include
- Teaching material
- Breakfast and lunch on all working days
However, one has to arrange for his/her transportation during the course.
Applications are invited atleast one month in advance.
Applicant must be a medical graduate (MBBS/MD) from any recognized university. The disciplines allowed for the course are: Anaesthesiology, Orthopaedics, Neurology and Neurosurgery.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your short CV along with following document.
- Copy of highest academic qualification
- Two passport size photographs
- Address proof and contact details
The choice of ‘date of course’ should be mentioned in the application
CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
- Once your application is accepted and payment is received, you will be intimated well in advance by telephone and e-mail.
Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Jain
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine
5th Floor, SSRB Block
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,
New Delhi 110060, INDIA
Mob: 09810088960, Ph: +91 11 42252513
E:mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. (Dr.) Jayashree Sood Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Jain
Course Chairperson In-charge / Coordinator
Chronic Pain Acute Pain Labour Analgesia
(Image-guided Pain Management)
Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Jain
Prof.( Dr). Jayashree Sood Prof. (Dr.) Jayashree Sood Dr. Anjeleena Gupta
Dr. Naresh Dua Prof.(Dr.) Pradeep Jain Dr. Anjali Gera
Dr. Mahendra Singh Prof. (Dr.) Bimla Sharma Dr. Neetu Jain
Ultrasound guided blocks
Dr. Bhuwan Chand Panday
Dr. Savitar Malhotra
Dr. Nitin Sethi
Certificate Courses in Pain Management
- Certificate Courses in Pain Management Application Form
- Application Form Observer
- PDC course instruction
Fellowship Programme in Anaesthesia for Kidney & Liver Transplantation
Aim: To train a Neurologist/ Psychiatrist/ Paediatrician with a postgraduate qualification in the concerned specialty, Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Electroencepholography (EEG)
- Long Term Video EEG (LTVEEG)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Evoked Potential Studies (Visual, Auditory, Somato sensory)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- DM / DNB Neurology
- DM/ DNB Paediatric Neurology
- MD/ DNB in Psychiatry
- MD/ DNB in Paediatrics
- 1 Year for EEG/ EMG/ EP/ NCS
- 6 Months for EEG/ EP
- 6 Months for EMG/ EP/ NCS
Critical Care and Emergency Medicine
- Post doctorate certificate course in Critical Care Medicine (1 year)
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine Fellowship - 2 seats (1 year)
- College of Critical Care Medicine Certificate course - 2 seats (1 year)
The candidate rotates through all the intensive care units and a well-structured teaching programme is conducted for him by faculty drawn from the departments of Critical care medicine, Pulmonology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Nephrology, Paediatrics, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Infertility and IVF (Two weeks)
- Endoscopic Surgery (Two weeks)
- Fetal Medicine (Two weeks)
- The candidate should have postgraduate degree
- Hospital charges Rs. 5000/- for two weeks courses
- One week course is unpaid
- The candidate should give sufficient notice and two alternative dates for the convenience of the department at the time of application.
- The candidate have to make their own arrangement for boarding and lodging
Course: Fellowship in Paediatric Pulmonology
Applications are invited for one year fellowship programme in “Paediatric Pulmonology” for year 2015-16. This fellowship is accredited by “The Ganga Ram Institute of Postgraduate Medical Educations and Research” GRIPMER.
Eligibility: Candidates who have completed their MD/DNB in Paediatrics are eligible. Interested candidates may send their brief CV to Program Director.
Last date for submitting form is 31.01.2015
For further details contact:
Dr. Anil Sachdev, Senior Consultant & Director
Department of Paediatric Emergency, Critical Care & Pulmonology
Institute of Child Health
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi – 110 060
Paediatric Emergency Medicine
Course: Fellowship in Paediatric Emergency Medicine
Applications are invited for one year Fellowship program in "Paediatric Emergency Medicine" for year 2012-2013. This fellowship is accredited and endorsed by the "STEP: Society for Trauma and Emergency Pediatrics" and "SEMI: Society of Emergency Medicine in India".
ligibility: Candidates who have completed their MD/DNB/DCH in Pediatrics or MD Emergency Medicine, MCEM (UK) or MEM (Emergency Medicine) are eligible. There is an administrative fee of Rs 1000/- in favor of "Society for Trauma and Emergency Paediatrics" payable at Delhi. This is non-refundabl. Interested candidates may send their brief CV along with administrative fee to program director. Last date for submitting application is 15 June 2012.
For further details contact:
Program Director: Dr Suresh Gupta, Senior Consultant, Paediatric Emergency and Acute Care, Institute of Child Health, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Rajender Nagar Delhi. Mobile: 9811426628, Email: email@example.com
Paediatric Haematology Oncology
Course: IAP Fellowship
Duration: 1 year for MD and 2 years for DCH candidates.
Department of Research
The Department of research conducts Short-term training programs (2 months or 6 months) designed specially for post-graduate students. These programs are mandatory in most Universities as curriculum in post-graduate studies. This training program will be helpful to modulate, motivate and encourage the younger mind to undertake scientific research & developmental activities. To provide a focused in-depth training, a 6 month program is desirable.
About the Training program:
- Training program will be offered as a short term (2- months / 6- months).
- Eligibility: Students undergoing post-graduate studies (Life Sciences/Biotechnology/any field of Science & Medicine) from any recognized university
- Selection criteria: Students with consistently good academic records (a minimum of Ist class in all exams; additional merit for any other extra-curriculum awards) will be given preference. Application should be forwarded by the competent authority of the University/Institution.
- The department will charge a sum of Rs. 6,000/- for 2 months program and Rs. 12,000/- for 6 months program.
- Total number of students: A maximum of 5 students at any given time shall be allowed to access the research facilities of SGRH, under the supervision of Head of the Department.
- Last Date: The last date for application for the Summer Training Program to be proposed from time to time.
- Application forms: Download Form
- Certificate: A bona fide certificate will be issued by the Hospital, on completion of the program
Course: Gyan Burman Hepatobiliary Surgical Fellowship
Eligibility: The candidate must possess MS or DNB in General Surgery or equivalent degree and have a special interest in Hepatobiliary Surgery.
Stipend: Rs. 15,000/- p.m.
Training: The successful candidate will be expected to participate in all the activities of the department of Surgical Gastroenterology for a period of 3 months including patient care, operations, teaching programme, and research. The unit has also started Liver Transplantation Programme. The candidate should send reasons for joining and one page description about his interest and future plans.
Outstation candidates called for interview shall be paid 2nd Class AC railway fare.
Fellowship: Senior Spine Fellowship, Department of Spinal Surgery
Duration: Six months
Commencement: 1st March 2011
Scope: Medical training in the field of Spinal Surgery & participation in the day-to-day activities of the Ortho Spine Department & Research obligations.
Eligibility Qualification: MS / MCh Neurosurgery with two years Post PG Experience.
Stipend: Rs. 30,000/- pm
How to apply: Interested candidates may courier their resume alongwith testimonials latest by February 21, 2011 to HR Department, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi-110060