Dr (Lt General ) Ved Chaturvedi, is one of the few DM qualified Rheumatologists in the country He was the senior super specialist in rheumatology and clinical immunology in the Armed Forces (Army Hospital Research &Referral New Delhi) for 37 years. He recently joined the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Rheumatology Department.
1. HIP-1 Protein as a marker of Diagnosis of RA . 2022 - Ongoing
2. Phase 4 clinical trial on Bosentan oral tablets. 2022- Ongoing
3. A Prospective multicentre study, Two arm PMS study to assess the safety and efficacy of Tofacitinib citrate 11mg ER Tablets.
4. Expert Panel consensus statements on the optimal usage of rituximab for the management of rheumatoid arthritis in India. -Jan 2021
5. Can We Really Stop the Progression of Ankylosing Spondylitis?- Nov 2020
6. Spondyloarthropathies in the Elderly.- Nov 2020
7. Clinical Cases in Rheumatology.- Nov 2020
8. Deficiency of adenosine deaminase 2 (DADA2) in Adults and Children: Experience from India.–Sep 2020
9. Rheumatology practice and training in India – A perspective from rheumatology consultants-Jun2020
10. Comment on: 2018 APLAR axial spondyloarthritis treatment recommendations – Need for greater cognizance of regional needs?- Jul 2019.
11. Medical arthroscopy: A tool for diagnosis and research in rheumatology.- Oct 2016
12. An approach to monoarthritis.- Jan 2014
13. Safety and diagnostic value of medical arthroscopy: retrospective analysis of 100 medical arthroscopies performed by a rheumatologist.-Oct 2007.
14. Uncensored Saga of Interventional Rheumatology - Jan
• Cervical spine involvement in rheumatoid arthritis: Journal of Indian Rheumatology Association, 1995.
• Endocrine arthropathy: Journal of Indian Rheumatology Association.1996
• Markers for Rheumatic diseases: Recent advances book of Association of Physicians of India, Annual Conference, 1999, Kolkata.
• ANA and its specificities: Recent advances book of Association of Physicians of India, Annual Conference, 2000, Jaipur.
• Evidence-based management of Osteoarthritis: Recent advances book of Associations of Physicians of India, Varanasi – 2003.
• Toxicity of methotrexate:Journal of Armed forces India 2004
• Medical Arthroscopy-Emerging era of Rheumatology intervention. JAPI 2004;52:279-282
• Intra articular procedures-Recent advances book of Associations of physicians of India Chennai 2004
• Medical Arthroscopy. Col VP Chaturvedi. JAPI (Supplement-Rheumatology) June 2006
• Uncensored saga of interventional rheumatology Recent advances book of Associations of Physicians of India, Goa 2007
• Biologics in Rheumatic diseases- Manual of Rheumatology, official publication of Indian Rheumatology Association 2008
• MSK Ultrasound (Review Article). VP Chaturvedi. JAPI 2014
• Deficiency of adenosine deaminase 2 (DADA2) in Adults and Children: Experience from India. 2020
• Expert Panel consensus statements on the optimal usage of rituximab for the management of rheumatoid arthritis in India – JAN 2021
• Anti-TNF antibody in juvenile arthritis: Chaturvedi VP, Singal v, Rai R Arthritis Rheumatism Vol. – 4 No – 9 Sep 2002.
• Anti-TNF antibody in poly articular JRA: Chaturvedi VP, signal v, Rai R Abstract published in proceeding of conference APLAR.2003
• Safety and diagnostic value of medical arthroscopy: Retrospective analysis of fifty Medical arthroscopies performed by a Rheumatologist- Chaturvedi VP, R Rai, AKLahiri, BNShahi Annals of Rheumatic Diseases Vol 62, Supplement I Page 328, Abstract No Sat 0154 Lisbon – 2003.
• No case of Tuberculosis with low dose Inflximab without loading dose in Ankylosing spondylitis – Chaturvedi Ved, Singalv, Abstract published in proceedings of 11th Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR) congress 2004. page 14
• Safety and utility of medical arthroscopy: Result of 100 arthroscopies –Chaturvedi VP Abstract published in proceedings of conference of APLAR Jeju Korea 2004
• Tumor Necrosis factor Alpha microsatellite polymorphism association with Rheumatoid Arthritis in Indian Patients Charu Agrawal, S Raghav, Bhawna Gupta, Charu Agrawal, S Das, R Das, VP Chaturvedi, G Goswami. Archives of Medical Research 36(2005) 555-559
• Association of mannose-binding lectin gene (MBL2) polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis in anindiancohortof case control samples. BhawnaGupta, Charu Agrawal, SRaghav, SDas, R Das, VP Chaturvedi, Journal of Human Genetics(2005),50:58 3-591
• Altered expression and glycosylation of plasma proteins in rheumatoid arthritis. S Raghav, Bhawna Gupta, Charuagrawal, AshishSaraha, H Das, VP Chaturvedi, R Das. Glycosylate journal ( 2006) 23:167-173
• Expression of TNF Alpha and related signaling molecules in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of Rheumatoid Arthritis patients. S Raghav, Bhawna Gupta, Charuagrawal, VP Chaturvedi, H Das, R Das, G Goswami. Mediators of Inflammation Vol 2006Article ID 12682
• Efficacy &toxicity of Infliximab in Juvenile Ankylosing Spondylitis. Shalini Singh, SingalVP, Chaturvedi V Proceedings of Annual Conference of Japan College of Rheumatology Nagasaki 2006
• Medical Arthroscopy –proceedings of APLAR( Asia Pacific League of Associations of Rheumatology ) Congress 2006 Kualalampur (Malaysia)
• Medical Arthroscopy: A tool for diagnosis and research in Rheumatology Ved Chaturvedi Invited article in International Journal of Rheumatology , Sept 2016
•Clinical methods in Rheumatology examination: Manual of Rheumatology: Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA).EdP.Pispati
•Endocrine Arthropathy: Textbook of Endocrinology. (Under publication).
•Medical Arthroscopy in Clinical Practice. Recent trends in Connective tissue disorder. Ed Sukumar Mukherjee 2005.
•Regional pain syndromes. Textbook of Associations of Physicians of India 2007.
•Biologics in Rheumatic Diseases Manual of Rheumatology: Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA).Ed URK Rao 2008.
•Emergencies in Rheumatology: Monogram on Rheumatoid Arthritis 2011 under publication.
•Ankylosing spondylitis: Text Book of Association of Physicians of India 2014.
•Biologics in Rheumatic Diseases Manual of Rheumatology: Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA).EdVedchaturvedi 2018.
•MSK Ultrasound Manual of Rheumatology: Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA).EdVedchaturvedi 2018.
•Soft Tissue Rheumatism: Recent Advances in Medicine 2020.
•Spondyloarthropathies in Elderly: Nov 2020 Can We Really Stop Progression of Ankylosing Spondylitis: Progress in Medicine, Nov 2020.
Rheumatoid arthritis( गठिया), Ankylosong spondilitis( कमर का गठिया ), SLE (lupus), Systemic sclerosis, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Sjogren syndrome, Vasculitis, Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, Psoriatic arthritis, Back ache, Joint pain and swelling Auto immune related diseases
Ultrasound guided joint injection, Ultrasound guided muscle biopsy, Ultrasound guided synovial biopsy, Lip biopsy, Joints and tendon injection, Injection for carpal tunnel syndrome, Injection for tennis elbow, Injection for visco supplementation and stem cell for osteoarthritis, Injection for synovial fluid aspirations
Recently Awarded Prestigious DSc (Doctor of Science) by the Government of Uttrakhand -
Atal Swasth Bhusan Award -2022 -
Vice President of the Asia Pacific League of Association for Rheumatology (APLAR) -
Received the Highest Civil award by Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA) -
Received the Highest award Param Vishisht Sewa Medal (PVSM) in the country for pioneers' work in Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology -
Member of Various Committees in Sir Ganga Ram Hospital - (Research, Ethics and GRIPMER) -
Honored to reach the highest position in Army as the Lietenant General after 35 yrs of experience in the Medical field -
President Honorary Surgeon, PHS : Appointed the Honorary Surgeon by the President of India -
President of Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA) -
President of Delhi Rheumatology Association (DRA) -
Interventional Rheumatology:Searle Oration in annual conference of Association of physicians of India Goa. -
Ex Chairman Army College of Medical Science, New Delhi -
Ex HOD Rheumatology Department Army Hospital Research and Referral, New Delhi -
Uncensored saga of rags to riches. Rheumatology carrier :Indian Rheumatology Association Oration (Highest oration at national level in Rheumatology ) ..IRACON -
Teacher and examiner at AIIMS, GRIPMER, KGMC, AFMC -
• To research new affordable treatments for patients of Rheumatology and clinical immunology
• To diagnose Rheumatic Disease early by Rheumatology ultrasound (first Rheumatologist in the country to start Rheumatology Ultrasound) since 2004
• Rheumatology and clinical immunology - various types of arthritis and autoimmune disease (RA, SLE, SPA, Dermatomyositis, your, polymyositis, vasculitis osteoporosis osteoarthritis) and ultrasound in Rheumatology
• Cricket and Music