The hospital library at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a modern and functional unit designed to create an environment conducive to effective learning. It consists of both a paper section and an electronic section to cater to the diverse needs of students and faculty.
In the electronic section, students and faculty have access to computer facilities with internet connectivity. This allows them to perform Medline searches and access a wide range of online resources for research and study purposes. The availability of internet access facilitates evidence-based clinical decision-making and keeps the medical professionals updated with the latest information in their respective fields.
The library has also procured the full set of teaching CDs from the National Boards. These CDs are used by students to enhance their knowledge and understanding of various medical topics. Additionally, the library offers facilities to view videos of different operative procedures, which can be valuable for learning and professional development.
Apart from providing access to resources, the library plays a vital role in promoting research activities within the hospital. The faculty and resident trainees are encouraged and supported in their research endeavors. The resident trainees are required to undertake research on a topic of topical interest under the guidance of consultants. This allows them to gain practical experience in research methodology and appreciate the value of research in advancing medical knowledge.
The SGRH Medical Library is located on the 6th Floor of the old building of the hospital. Since its establishment in 1983, it has grown along with the hospital to meet the information needs of faculty, postgraduate students, and research workers. The library serves as a valuable resource center, facilitating learning, research, and evidence-based practice among medical professionals associated with the hospital.
Chairperson : Dr S. Nundy
Co-chairperson : Dr V.K. Malik
Members : Dr P.K. Sethi, Dr R. Bhalla,
Dr Satish Saluja, Dr B.B. Aggarwal,
Dr Lalit Duggal, Dr Neelam Kler
Librarians : Dr (Mrs) Indu, Mrs Preeti
• Books 2278
• Current journals 79
• Clinics of North America 2300 (with back volumes)
• DNB DVD learning material 202
• Theses 1054
• The library is subscribing ClinicalKey.in from Elsevier which draws
answers from the largest collection of clinical resources – more than any
conventional clinical search engine from last 12 years. It contains:
– 580+ Elsevier Medical and Surgical Journals
– 1100+ Elsevier Medical and Surgical Reference Books
– All Medical and Surgical Clinics of North America
– All Elsevier Medical and Surgical Procedures Videos (2500+)
– All Elsevier associated and supplemental images and videos
– All Clinical Pharmacology Drug Monograph and much more
• The library is also subscribing to UpToDate Anywhere from last 11 years.
• The library is subscribing to 79 journals (Including BMJ Package)
– Print = 37
– Online = 41
– Print+Online = 01
• Periodical alert service: A weekly listing of the new issues of periodicals
received by the librarian.
• Internet search service and reprographic service
• Scanner: We have a scanning facility which is especially useful for
postgraduate students to help in preparing presentations for their seminars.
• Bibliographies on demand: The librarian compiles bibliographies requested
by the readers.
• Computerized thesis search: We have a collection of 536 theses which can
be retrieved through a computer search by their titles or names of authors,
guides and co-guides.
• Guidance for searching relevant information through different medical
platforms like gateway.ovid.com, pubmed.com.
• Monday to Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Sundays and holidays – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Photocopy timings – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• During the year July 2021 – June 2022, library was open 24 hours from
31 July 2021 – 28 August 2021 and then from 18 October 2021 till
18 December 2021 and then again from the 14 April 2022 – 24 June
2022 especially for DNB and FNB student’s theory as well as practical
6th Floor, GRIPMER Block, Ext: 1670