The Department of Dietetics, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, is headed by Ms Vandana Verma with a team of 10 experienced, dedicated and committed Dieticians.
Dietetics is a specialized field dealing with clinical and therapeutic nutrition. Clinical Dieticians are trained professionals who handle medical nutrition therapy.
1. Assessing the patient’s nutritional status, determining the nutritional needs of the patient, developing dietary plans, providing dietary counselling and monitoring the patient’s progress (both IPD AND OPD).
2. Individualized diet plans are prepared considering the biochemical parameters, customs, beliefs, food allergies, likes, dislikes etc.
3. Nutritional screening and assessments are the main tools for disseminating dietetic knowledge to both IPD AND OPD patients.
4. Individualised diet charts are planned in accordance with the medical, social and physiological condition of the patient followed by scheduled follow-ups.
5. The wide spectrum of services offered nurtures every phase of human life.
6. The department pursues to excel in the following specialities such as: -
7. The dietetic team offers services like daily OPD (General OPD and Pvt. OPD), patient visits and meal planning.
8. Dispatching hygienically prepared and nutritionally adequate diet in heated trolleys at the right temperature, to the right patient and at the right time which is supervised by the Dietician and F&B services.
9. Special emphasis is laid on therapeutic diets in order to treat different diseases / metabolic disorders etc.
10. Regular diet lectures and camps for corporate, communities and schools as well as medical education and training for professionals are also carried out.
11. The hospital has a centralized kitchen service system providing disease-specific diet to all categories of patients like suites, deluxe rooms, nursing homes, semi-nursing homes, semi-paying, General wards, daycare and dialysis patients.
12. Standardization and assurance of food and dietary service are maintained and regulated through SOP (Standard operating procedures) and updated from time to time as and when required.