Admission in the hospital is done through OPD and Casualty for both general and private patients.
Through Casualty (Unstable Patients)
- Patient reports to Casualty
- Seen by Casualty Medical Officer / Specialist
- If needs to be admitted, bed availability is confirmed from admission / reception both in SGRH/affiliated hospitals
- If bed is likely to be available shortly, patient is made to wait in Casualty under supervision of the doctors.
- On availability of the bed, patient is admitted.
- If there is no availability of the bed, patient is appropriately referred to other hospital.
Through OPD (By and Large Stable Patients)
There is no system of confirmed booking, however, a tentative booking note is maintained. The patient / attendant is asked to confirm the availability of the booking before coming to the hospital.
- Patient advised admission in General OPD have to get themselves registered at Enquiry Counter, open from 8:00 am and to 8:00 pm and admitted subject to the availability of bed.
- Patient advised admission from Private OPD are also admitted subject to availability of desired bed category after completing due formalities at Admission desk.
- On-line booking for admissions is not done